If you use WordPress, this course takes you beyond the basics and teaches you skills essential to all WordPress users.
What you’ll learn
WordPress Intermediate Skills – Learn WordPress free download
- Intermediate skills to take your WordPress skills to the next level.
- About the WordPress files installed on your server
- The importance of child themes and how to create them.
- More information about WordPress pages, including parent-child relationship, page templates, template hierarchy, conditional statements, custom page templates, and custom post templates.
- Why redirects are important and how to implement them.
- Quickly converting your site to HTTPS if supported by your web host (most do).
- How to speed up your site, and how to check if it is mobile friendly.
- Design stuff like dynamic widgets and sidebars, page builders, Google Maps without plugins and much more.
- Better media library control and image galleries.
- WordPress users and roles, plus how to create your roles.
- GDPR – everyone needs to be compliant.
- How autoresponders work and why you should use them.
- Creating different site structures using WordPress.
- Why time-on-site & CTR are important and how to monitor them and tweak elements on your page to improve these metrics.
- WordPress developers tools built into Google Chrome, and how to use them to tweak your page design.
- You should be able to use WordPress to build a website, and want to learn more.
I have been teaching WordPress for around 15 years and recently asked a group of my students:
“What do you think is missing from most WordPress courses, that YOU feel all WordPress users need to know.”
This course is the result of that questionnaire.
This course does not teach you how to use WordPress. That much is assumed.
This course includes more information on :
- WordPress files on your server and how to access them with FTP or through cPanel.
- Child themes and how to create them.
- WordPress pages including parent-child relationships, page templates, template hierarchy, conditional statements, custom page templates, and custom post templates.
- Why redirects are important and how to use them successfully.
- HTTP to HTTPS conversion on web hosts that support Let’s Encrypt.
- Improving page load times by optimizing your site, and checking your site is mobile-friendly.
- Design stuff like Themes, Dynamic Widgets, Custom Sidebars, Jump Links, Page Builders & Favicons.
- The Media Library and image galleries.
- WordPress Users and roles.
- GDPR and how to ensure you are compliant.
- Autoresponders – how they work and why you should use them.
- Site Structure – how to create different types of the site with WordPress using the tools available within the Dashboard.
- CTR & Time on Site, and how to improve these by monitoring and tweaking.
- WordPress Problems and how to solve the majority of them quickly and easily.
- Developer Tools built into Google Chrome (& Firefox) to help examine the code behind your site, and tweak it.
By the end of this course, you will have a more complete toolset to create engaging, successful websites using WordPress.