It is important to invest not only in the development of professional knowledge but also in the development of soft skills in order to have a successful career and a secure future.
However, mastering all “flexible” talents at the same time is a thankless task: time, motivation, and effort are insufficient. By the way, you need to sleep as well. As a result, I’ve compiled a list of ten soft talents that students will find valuable both throughout their education and when looking for work:
- Continuous learning skills.
- Ability to communicate.
- Letters of business correspondence.
- Ability to make decisions.
One of the most significant future education trends is continuous learning. Studying at university is an important and challenging part of every student’s life. Using professional do my essay services will lead to excel in your studies and gain knowledge from experts who write articles based on their life experiences. Even after you get your degree and get a job, your studies won’t end. It’s a lifelong process. And the sooner you realize this, the easier it will be to build the necessary abilities and maintain your enthusiasm for studying. How to help yourself acquire the ability to learn indefinitely:
- remember to have a work-life balance;
- discover a way to recall more on your own:
- outlines, mnemonics, interval repetition, and so forth;
- select a learning approach that is comfortable for you;
- look for like-minded people.
Communication abilities may be developed through time. They are just as crucial in face-to-face discussions as they are in online ones. How students can use developed communication skills:
- express their point of view in detail;
- argue persuasively;
- find a way out of even the most dismal of circumstances;
- establish new acquaintances as fast as possible;
- pass interviews easily.
There are several techniques to develop communication abilities, including:
- try to respond more in class;
- enroll in courses;
- acting in a theater troupe;
- attending public events;
- meet new people;
- watch videos on the topic, such as Howard Rheingold’s TED talk on collaboration;
- read Twyla Tharp’s book, “The Habit of Working Together. How to move in the same direction, understand people, and build a real team.”
- take online courses.
The ability to clearly define a goal is an important skill. After all, the success of the final result depends on the competent goal-setting by 50%. Why else should a student learn to set goals:
- define the focus of attention;
- set priorities more easily;
- get ahead faster;
- not to get bogged down in unnecessary things.
How to develop goal-setting skills:
- learn SMART, CCR, and GROW goal-setting models;
- read Heidi Grant Halvorson’s book “The Psychology of Achievement: How to Achieve Goals;
- start setting goals and achieving them;
- keep a journal to track progress.
I, as an essay writer in StudyEssay company, realize that skills in business correspondence are very crucial right now. Communication is increasingly moving to an online format. This enables students to:
- express clearly in writing;
- understand the subtleties of business etiquette;
- understand the interlocutor more quickly;
- clearly formulate thesis statements and arguments not only in letters, but also in student papers.
How to develop business writing skills:
- consider what you need to say in advance to make your message as specific and effective as possible.
- don’t waste words, use short sentences and always write to the point.
- avoid jargon and buzzwords. Instead, you should strive for simplicity and clarity of presentation.
Ability to Make Decisions
Making good judgments is a superpower that may come in handy at any point in life. If a student is successful in mastering it, he will be able to:
- quickly calculate different variants of events;
- do not be afraid to take risks;
- do not retreat from his goal;
- overcome difficulties;
- do not feel guilty or remorse for missed opportunities;
- take responsibility for your life;
- be conscious of what you want to do with your life.
This skill will also be very useful when the time comes to look for a job and make important steps in adult life. You may also improve your decision-making abilities by:
- read Adam Ferner’s Decision Making: Break Free from Stereotypes and Manage Your Life and Daniel Kahneman’s Think Slow, Decide Fast;
- make decisions every day and take responsibility for the decisions made and the consequences.
History And Modernity: Soft Skills
Change is the only thing that is constant. People must constantly learn new things and, on sometimes, grasp unfamiliar professional sectors. “Hard” talents aren’t going to help you with such problems. You must alter your behavior. As many essays and articles on personal growth and soft skills development have already been written so far, services like do my assignment online can help students to research this topic.
“Soft skills” is a relatively recent word. It was only published at the end of the 1990s, despite the fact that research on “flexible” abilities began in the 1960s in the United States. Why are soft skills so important in today’s world? It’s a result of technology’s fast advancement. If we used to live in a very clear world where information did not change for decades and the professional skills were assessed based on the number of years spent at a single job, things have changed.
Bio: Rebecca Carter works at a writing service as an essay writer and helps students with their assignments. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and during her study developed an enthusiasm for writing articles about her experience. When she is not writing Rebecca enjoys being in the mountains and volunteering.