What you’ll learn
SAS Programming Complete; Learn SAS and Become a Data Ninja Course
- Everything needed to become a SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming
- Apply basic to advanced SAS skills.
- Understand how to import data, merge data, filter your observations, clean your data, use conditional logic, and much more!
- Apply SAS functions (RAND, LENGTH, TRIM, COMPRESS, and more).
- Apply Arrays in situations where it makes sense, to make your life easier
- Be able to show your data visually (ie graphs).
- Be able to do statistical analysis (t-tests, chi-square, linear regression, multiple regression)
- Apply SQL syntax (like SELECT, WHERE, HAVING, GROUP BY, ORDER BY) (SAS SQL)
- Join tables (Inner join, left/right join, joining three tables, and full join)(SAS SQL)
- Managing tables (from how to create one, to how to alter columns, add rows)(SAS SQL)
How to apply SQL to compare tables, find duplicate records, create conditions + more(SAS SQL)
- Be able to decipher if indices should be applied in your particular context (Indices)
- Create the two types of indices and utilize the index options (Indices)
- Select the right variables for your Index (Indices)
- Perform common tasks on Indexed data sets and understand the ramifications (Indices)
- Update your indexed master data set with the latest transactions (Indices)
- Create macro variables to help you with lengthy code and cut down on errors (Macro Facility)
- Create Macro programs to reduce repetitive coding, and save time and money. (Macro Facility)
- Apply macro functions to manipulate character strings(Macro Facility)
- Understand the challenges of analytics. (Predictive Modeling)
- Gain an intuitive understanding of Logistic Regression. (Predictive Modeling)
- Perform a data audit. (Predictive Modeling)
- Perform a Uni-variate and Bi-variate analysis of features/variables. (Predictive Modeling)
- Deal with Missing Data. (Multiple Imputation). (Predictive Modeling)
- Adjustments for Oversampling. (Predictive Modeling)
- Dimension Reduction for your Categorical Inputs. (Predictive Modeling)
- Subset selection (utilizing automatic techniques for variable/feature selection).(Predictive Modeling)
- Analyze Multicollinearity in your Features. (Predictive Modeling)
- Analyze Classifier Performance (ROC curves, Optimal cutoffs, K-S). (Predictive Modeling)
- Partition your Data, Train a Model, and Make Predictions on Unseen Data. (Predictive Modeling)
- Internet connection
The first part of the course utilizes the Data step, 2nd part looks at SAS SQL, the third part looks at the Macro Programming/Programs. As an addition, I have added a section on SAS Predictive Modeling using Logistic Regression.
SAS programming is the language of choice of most enterprises/corporations. In 2018, 92% of Fortune 100 companies used SAS. It is the go-to for many industries, including banking/finance, insurance, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and automotive.
As mentioned, my SAS training course is developed to help you become a SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming.
The lessons in this course are meant to be taken in order, as each lesson builds upon the knowledge, and may mention some important ideas/concepts. If you skip videos, it may appear that some aspects are not being explained.
As mentioned, you will learn how to code in the SAS programming language, to help you start a career/gain employment, or move up at your current company.
Please take a look at each section to see what is covered. You can view the titles of all lectures, and see a free video preview for some selected lectures.
Learning SAS programming means that you will be able to accomplish the same goal on ANY software that supports SAS language. I use WPS. You guys have your options.
We use a commercial license from WPS. The system I use, WPS, is in no way associated with the SAS System. If you see phrases like “program”, “SAS program”, “SAS language program” used in my course, this is used to refer to programs written in the SAS language.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals looking to become a SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming
- Individuals that are considering a career, or want to gain employment, with the biggest corporations/enterprises out there!
- Those new to SAS syntax and or students looking for a refresher. No prior programming knowledge is required.
- Students who are interested in developing their SAS SQL/PROC SQL skills
- Individuals who work with large data sets and deal with performance problems
- Individuals who perform many repetitive programming tasks or deal with lengthy code
- Content From: https://www.udemy.com/course/sascompletetutorial/
- Build a Data Analysis Library from Scratch in Python