- Basic HTTP knowledge required (address, message body, headers, cookies, …)
- The Basic knowledge about RESTful APIs and JSON
- Basic Jenkins experience, if integration with Jenkins is desired
- Basic NodeJS/NPM experience (needed for test automation)
- Optional – Basic Docker experience (for Jenkins or Newman)
- A computer with Windows, macOS or Linux is required for viewing the lectures and installing Postman. Using a mobile phone is not recommended.
RESTful APIs (or simply REST API) are everywhere nowadays but at the same time they are getting more complex to get started with: different HTTP methods, headers, cookies, dealing with file uploads or authentication with API keys, tokens, OAuth and so much more.
But before you start investing time writing code to retrieve the data the API is offering, why not test the request first to make sure everything is working as expected?
This is where the Postman App comes in! Postman allows you very quickly create a request with the required HTTP method and parameters, submit the request and easily inspect the results.
Postman can help if you are developing APIs as well! I have created this course for testing engineers and well as for software developers.
In the first part of the course, we will start exploring the features of Postman and continue by writing API tests with the intention of integrating them in a CI server where the tests will run on a current basis.
But this is not the normal course you take part in.
So let’s look at what you are going to learn:
- Start with simple requests and advance towards more complex scenarios
- Learn to deal with authentication/authorization mechanisms like Basic Auth, API Keys, or OAuth.
- Start writing API tests
- Organize tests in collections and share them with your team
- Run API tests in Jenkins or any other CI server
- You ask, I answer
So after this course, you will know how to use Postman as a pro.
Excited to learn Postman? Sign-up up today!
Who this course is for:
- This course is targeted towards testing engineers and developers.
- Content From: https://www.udemy.com/course/postman-the-complete-guide/
- Build a popular music app with vue js – Course Site