Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.293.1846.0 is a simple, free and unattended virus removal tool from Microsoft. This is a brother version of Microsoft Security Essentials used in emergencies in a short time.
One of the advantages of this tool is that you only need to download and “kill”, no need to install or register cumbersome like other software. The antivirus software, called Microsoft Safety Scanner, has just been introduced by Microsoft software giants.
This tool includes only one file, about 77MB in size, with a built-in database of existing viruses. And according to Microsoft, this tool will expire 10 days from the day you download it. That means you need to regularly download the latest version from the homepage to get the latest virus database updated.
Because this is a portable, non-installable software, Microsoft Safety Scanner does not have the function of protecting computers in real time like other antivirus software. Therefore, you can only use this software when you suspect that your computer is infected with the virus, and it is best to use one more protection software to keep the entire system safe.
We encourage you to install Microsoft Security Essentials as a software to protect your computer from viruses and other external threats. Only when you suspect that your computer is infected with a virus, use Microsoft Safety Scanner and remember to download the latest version to make sure that the Virus database has been updated.
The new tool has a very simple interface, supports three scan modes including: Quick scan (quick scan of Windows installation partition, where viruses and viruses are often resident), Full scan (full scan The partition on the drive) and Customized scan (select the folder to scan).
Usage is quite simple, you just need to double-click the downloaded file to run it.
Steps to use:
- Step 1: Click on the check box to agree to the manufacturer’s terms and click Next.
- Step 2: Then, continue to click Next in the next window.
- Step 3: Next the program will ask you to select the scan mode: quick scan, full scan or scan a specified folder.
- Step 4: Click Next and wait for the software to perform “task” to find and kill the virus.
- Step 5: After the removal is completed, the software will inform the computer status and the list of Viruses that have been killed. You click Finish to finish.