CompatLayer 1.11.2 / 1.10.2 is the library for McJty ‘s Minecraft Mod version. CompatLayer for Minecraft is a small library mod that allows you to write mods that run on Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.11 with the same binary.jar file. This Mod Minecraft version minimizes the source change between versions 1.10 and 1.11 of the mod, so you don’t need to use the two versions in parallel. Specifically, Compat Layer is a set of classes and functions to remove the differences between version 1.10.2 and 1.11.
Features of CompatLayer Mod
- CompatBlock: a simple extension of the block with change override methods on version 1.11 and calls for specific versions of CompatLayer that you are allowed to override in the code. Currently supports ‘neighborChanged’ and ‘onBlockActivated’.
- CompatItem: a simple extension of the item with a function similar to CompatBlock but for item. Currently includes ‘onItemRightClick’.
- CompatInventory: the simulation interface from IInventory and adds the default execution feature to the new function func_191420_l.
- CompatSidedInventory: similar to ISidedInventory.
- ChatTools: contains a simple message ‘addChatMessage’ to avoid new parameters that player ‘addChatComponentMessage’ has.
- ItemStackTools: this is the main feature of this Mod. ItemStack handles major changes in version 1.11. By default, itemstack never has a value of ‘null’. Instead, there is a new empty itemstack. If you thoroughly examine all code that uses itemstack and replace the entire call and test value (especially when ‘stack = null’ or ‘if (stack = null)’) with the same method from the class this.
How to install CompatLayer
- The computer needs to have the Minecraft Forge program installed.
- Find the folder containing Minecraft.
- On the Windows computer, from the Start menu, open Run, enter the command% appdata% and then click the Run button.
- On a Mac, from Open Finder, hold down Alt and Go> Library on the top menu bar. Open the Application Support folder to find Minecraft.
- Give you a new mod (download.jar) to the Mods folder. When opening the Minecraft game, press the Mods button to play with the newly installed mod.