- You need a PC or a Mac
- You need some basic understanding of Web- or Service-Development (why would you need Docker anyway ?!?)
— You want to learn the basics of Docker fast?
— These are the best 3h of your professional life you can invest in yourself. —
- Learn to Run Docker Containers and work with Images? Covered.
- Create Images with a Dockerfile and publish it? Absolutely in this course!
- Understand and write your docker-compose.yml files? Yes, that’s in here too!
- All in easy to understand hands-on lectures? Yep! You got the right course.
We are working on the terminal with examples and exercises in a step-by-step way. There are no long theory lessons, there are practical examples to follow which help you in the real world.
At the end of the course, you will know everything you need to get started using Docker on your own. You will know how to work with the docker run and build images using the Dockerfile. On top of that, you will know how and why to do volume mounting and how to setup network segregation in Docker-Compose.
Here is what we will cover:
- Learn Docker from scratch step by step, no previous experience required
- Build and publish your custom images using a Dockerfile. This means it will be tailored to your applications
- Master the Docker CLI: run, log, inspect and debug containers
- Understand, read and write your docker-compose.yml files.
- Set up your development environment the right way, with volume mounting and network segregation.
- Understand how Docker works: What are images, containers, volumes, networks
This is the ideal student:
- Developer who works on Web-Services like PHP, Java, NodeJS with Databases like MySQL or Redis
- Software engineers who want to understand the world of containerized applications and environments quickly.
What are you waiting for?
Docker and the Docker logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Docker, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Who this course is for:
- You want to share, ship and reproduce your environment across teams
- You want to understand Docker
- Need a quick, thorough, hands-on step-by-step intro
- You best learn if someone shows you hands-on what’s going on: you don’t want to learn long theory – you want to practice
- Docker and Containers Essentials – Learn Docker